Monday, December 5, 2011

Our Christmas Tree!!

Thursday Coach took Big T and I to go get a tree!! 
To be honest, I was totally not thinking straight, at our home there was no..NO Snow, so I didn't really pack all the snow clothes.  I'm from the west I swear!!! I should have known better...O well, we didn't hike far and it all worked out!!
 We only got stuck once and had to back down the hill..It had some scary moments, but it isn't Christmas tree hunting without getting stuck!!
I've been Christmas tree hunting before, so I know that when they are all in a bunch that usually the tree will have bald spots...apparently my mind was completely gone!!  I picked a tree in a bunch, and told Coach it was good, he cut it, and then I saw how goofy it looked :-)

Big T..... 
So the best part of the tree hunting was the sledding afterwards!!  I started off going down the road with Big T and was having so much fun, I decided to share with Coach!!  It was a Mile and a Half sled trip one way..sledding will never be the same.

We already have our next trip back there to go sledding planned!!!

So here is our Tree.
In my family my grandma gave each of us grandchildren a tree ornament for every year.  My first ornament was in 1985..the year I was born, obviously.  Now that I am married Coach and I get a ornament with both our names on it..  which started in 2006 (except in 2009, Only my name is on it..hehe)!  So our tree is filled with all sorts of ornaments, not really a designer like tree!!  Now my mom is giving her grandchildren ornaments every year. It's fun.  Coach calls it my tree every year because my name is all over it..which it is, the majority of our ornaments have my name on them...oh that's right I call them our ornaments now, even though he disagrees. Coach does have an ornament that he painted at our friends the Christmas before we were married and he hangs it at the top, in the center front :-).
The Train is Big T's from his Grandma and Grandpa Fischer...He loves it!
Oh and our hideous star that normally goes on top is too top heavy, so we are going to look for another hideous star to put on top.

The tree looks better all lit up...
And it will look better once we get our hideous star.

No comments:

Post a Comment