Thursday, November 25, 2010

How 'bout a Ride

I love to climb on the back of such a strong and beautiful animal.  To feel the power that they posses and the movement underneath me is a rush.  I'll have to admit that when I climb on the back of a horse I just feel at peace and confident in myself.

I took out my dad's horse, Elena, on Saturday and at first was a little nervous.  It has been almost 2 years since the last time I rode.  I went for a ride close to home, which usually always brings problems, but it was a nice refresher course I suppose.  She almost lost me off the back when some pheasants or chuckers flew up from nowhere and frightened both of us, but I stayed on and the rest of our ride was...well... a lot more lively.

Then on Wednesday I convinced Dad to come with me and we moved some cows to another pasture,
(well the lame one at least).  Then I switched Horses with my dad, Prancer is the calm one, and took Big T for a ride.  Of course we went riding on one of the coldest days so far, but the sun helped.  I bundled Big T all up and he resembled the little boy in "The Christmas Story."  He enjoyed it, well he was talking and wasn't crying so I take that as enjoyment!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I miss riding a horse. I haven't done it a lot but now I can't at all! Casey is horribly allergic. The first time he got on one he was about T's age and they thought a bee stung him because he puffed up and his throat closed up so quick! They really are amazing gorgeous animals. I'm so envious! Thanks for sharing!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about riding horses, I miss it so much. I am glad that you got to take Tristan riding, it looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete