Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Glimpse of Light

So last night I was in the "depths of despair", well probably not that bad. I'd hate to ever feel the depths of despair to the fullest. But I was down and out.

Before I went to bed I read in the Book of Mormon, 3rd Nephi chapter 26. It was tells us that Jesus did truly teach the people in the Americas.  He taught them everything from the beginning to the end.  That even babes uttered marvelous things.  When I first started to read about Jesus 's  resurrection to the Americas, I didn't understand why he didn't stay longer and to me it felt like he couldn't teach them everything in so little of time.  So when I read this chapter it made me realize how blinded I was being, how wrong I was to think that he couldn't do all that he did in the Jerusalem area.  I then had the feeling, well what did he teach them and how come it isn't all written down?  Again the answer came in verses 9 thru 11 and I was humbled.  3rd Nephi verse 11 ".....I will try the faith of my people."
I have always been the type that wants things now, or I want more than I need, because I think I need it.  How ungrateful I've been for what I do have.  And how proud I have been thinking that I need or deserve more when I haven't appreciated what I do have. 

I know that our Heavenly Father blesses us when we are following and keeping his commandments.  I know that he gives us what we can handle, even if we don't think we can handle it.  He knows we can and we must turn to him.  I've come to understand a little more about my trials.  I feel like I can't handle them because I am trying to do them by myself, without his help.  That is probably why I can't seem to climb that trial hill.   He is there waiting and hoping that I will accept his help and his love and finally yoke myself to him and let my burden be light!  To me "trying the faith of his people" is seeing if we will turn to him and let him help us.  He turely has been "trying" me to see if I would turn to him, and I haven't been.  I also know, that he has put others in our path that can also help us. They can help with tangible things, but they can also help us see the spiritual meanings.
I came home today from Sacrament and continued reading in 3rd Nephi chapters 27-30 and the thing that stuck out most to me in those chapters was "....endureth to the end" (3 Nephi 27:16). Jesus also teaches us to do the works which we have seen him do, and that we need to be like he was.
Jesus always helped those around him and turned to his Father in prayer when he needed him. 

My goal is to turn to my Father in Heaven and believe that he loves me and then to ENDURE to the end.
( I guess he must love me some because he blessed me with these two incredible males in my life!)

5 comments:

  1. So I will comment... because I am your friend. You got it right on the head and I needed what you just wrote. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are awesome, cami!!! thanks so that spiritual insight that all of us need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cami...that was a well needed "glimpse of light". Thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting, I always need the reminder because this is one things that I really stuggle with. It is hard for me not to do it all one my own. I am glad that you are feeling better, just know I am hear to talk. I am sorry about the phone conversations, I understand. Hang in there and I am not going to tell you it will get better but just hang in there and you guys will find a way to amke it work till he gets back. I love you and think you are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the post, Cami. I think we all needed this reminder--it is so easy to forget. I know that life will become more manageable as you trust and ask Him; (I can't say easier necessarily because this life is just plain hard)your burdens will certainly be lightened, and you will be able to bear them with strength. Keep on keepin' on! As President Monson has said, "The future is as bright as your faith."

    ReplyDelete