Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sickness and Apple Turnovers

Big T has been grumpy for a little over a week, and it has been wearing on me, goodness.  Last Monday is when he started to whine a lot more and stopped eating.  When we went in for his doc. appointment he had a 100 degree temp. Aww the beginning.  He then received his MMR shot.  The next couple of days he had diarreah, a rising temp., still whiny and a runny/stuffy nose.  Friday his temperature continued to rise but he actually ate lunch, it was a hot dog so I'm not surprised, but then at dinner he randomly threw up his hot dog.  He didn't cry or anything, just held his hands up and gave me the "Gross get this off me" face.  That was his first time throwing up so it scared me and got me worried. Saturday no eating again and a very high temperature through out the day. Sunday the temperature went down in the morning and then rose again in the evening.  This Monday he started to really drool so I'm thinking maybe all of this is due to teething. Teething seems to also have all these symptoms.  I then noticed a rash behind his ears, weird but maybe it will go away.  Then today my son has that rash all over his body!!!

Finally called the doctor. I thought he may have ended up getting the measles, but apparently the rash is just a reaction to the shot, which reactions don't show up until around a week later (which today is exactly a week).  Everything else could be teething, a bug, fever..all of it at once.  I really think it is a little of everything, which has been very overwhelming.   I hope that he will start eating soon, I know a child won't starve them self, but I still am worried that he won't eat.  It is all so frustrating and tiring.

Last night I decided to shake things up a bit and bake!!  I found a fairly easy treat I thought to try out in my pile of recipes. Apple Turnovers!!!

Before the oven:


 After the oven:  (yeah they aren't as pretty as the picture on the recipe, but they were yummy!!!)

3 comments:

  1. We downed our share really fast... You can make those for us whenever you'd like!!! James was having halucinations of Ice cream on top though... So a round two is definately in order. We just wont eat them all within 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that is what Gabe had, exactly. We think it was Roseola...he had a fever for three days, didn't want to eat or do anything, super whinny, then once that broke, the rash came. It went away in a day or two.

    It could be a reaction to the shot he got, but kind of weird that Gabe got the exact same thing...I think one or the other got it from each other. Sorry if it was Gabe who gave it to Big T!! He'll be fine though...Gabe is already back to normal now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Tristan feels better soon, that is tough. Those apple turnovers look awesome and look you turning all domestic and cooking. It is great.

    ReplyDelete