Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Type a Hike!!

I like to go hiking, I do, but I LOVE LOVE to be horseback!!!  When I am on the back of a horse, I'm home, whether it is on a trail ride or working cattle or just plain ol' riding.  I know exactly who I am at those moments and I actually have confidence in myself and a sense of peace.  I grew up on a horse and I'll die on a horse.  Big T is already developing that desire as well, I can't get him off once he is on.

Yesterday Dad and I went up the main Pahsimeroi draw.  It was such a beautiful hike ride!  With some challenges and obstacles.

 Big T had to stay home, but we gave him a short ride before.

Pops on Garth
 This shell rock looked like wood to me.
 Spartacus always has to be behind the lead, if he isn't exploring.
Looking back down the draw
 Elena and Garth


I think that high mountain meadows are gorgeous, a hidden oasis.

I also saw my Moose, it was a young bull ( since you can't tell)
 Can you tell where the water runs?

Stopped for lunch then headed back down.


Our Obstacles:

On the way up Pops and saddle were on the side of Garth to clear this.  On the way back down he decided to get off, and the saddle horn just barely cleared.

An easier one:

When we got home I took Big T on a short horse ride.













2 comments:

  1. You look amazing. And Big T, looks just as at home as you do. So, maybe he will be a Cowboy after all. Maybe we should go for a ride next summer. And yes I could tell it was a bull. It looks pretty big though. Anyways glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! You look absolutely happy! I totally understand the peace that you feel sitting on the top of a horse looking out over mountains and vallies. Love it!

    ReplyDelete