Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lemonade!??

You know that saying "If life gives you Lemons make Lemonade!"  Well Lemonde still makes my face pucker.

Life definitely hasn't turned out the way I had planned, or imagined.  Of course when you are a little girl you don't realize that life is harder when you're older, that adults have challenges.
As an adult I've learned that you can never escape consequences.  That you can't pick and choose what you want for you "picture perfect" life.  I've learned that discipline is not as easy as my parents made it seem or as enjoyable ;-).  I've learned that not getting that certain gift you wanted so badly as a kid had nothing to do with the thoughts they don't want you "spoiled" and everything to do with finances..ugh!!   I've learned that the ones you love the most truly can hurt you the most, the mean girls at school got nothing!!  I've learned what stress, depression, and disappointment really are!!  I've learned what all comes with remorse.

Yes..Life is hard, it gives you lemons; like only being able to have one child instead of a house full like you always dreamed. Or other health problems that you never thought you'd get, especially at a young age.

But...we must make Lemonade, or in my case Tang!!
I may only have one child, but he is such a special blessing.  I'm actually shocked that God allowed us to be his parents, I'm truly Honored to be his Mommy!!  He is a handful of mischief, energy, and humor!!
I get to be an adult!  I don't have to have a curfew, or eat the veggies I don't like!  I can eat ice cream befor my dinner, or my lunch ( lets face it my breakfast too)!  I can decorate my own home, and make my own rules.  For me, as an adult is where I made my friendships that really matter!! ( And they are awesome friends!!!)  I've learned more about the Gospel and what it really entails and has to offer!!  I learned to stand up for myself and have confidence ( that still falters here and there), but I know what it looks like.  I've learned to budget ( sometimes better than other times) and then I get to buy things that I really want, or safe up for trips I want to go on!! 
I have experienced unconditional love unlike anything I've ever know as a girl. 
 I have experienced Heaven on Earth, and been able to recognize it!! 

Being an adult with trials you never would have picked for yourself in the long run is worth it, if just for that glimpse of Heaven on Earth. And I promise they come, to everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing!!! Me be inspirational...pfff. I ain't got nothing on you! I needed to hear this tonight. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry your having a hard time but happy you can see the light at the end of the tunnel:) infertility is a painful trial that never goes away!! Matt and I feel so blessed we had Noah! Doctors told us it would be impossible with my situation! I'm great full for him in every way but it does not take away the pain from wanting more!! A lady once told me to stop complaining because I at least had one, I looked at her in shock and asked how many kids do you have? She answered 6. I said so if by some incontrolable circumstance someone took one of your children I don't want to hear you complain about it cause you have 5 left!!! She looked at me and said I'm so very sorry I never looked at it that way! I pray one day you may be able to add another one to your family:) keep your head up your an amazing women!!

    ReplyDelete