Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Coat-Rack

So I decided awhile ago that I needed a coat-rack by the backdoor. Tristan and I always strip there and it would just be very useful.

So I welded myself a coat rack!!  Mind you, I haven't welded since high school, so like 10 years ago; I'm very rusty. It was funny, I'd ask my dad after my welds if they were okay and he would say " It'll hold!"
I think he did compliment me on one weld, it wasn't good but better than some of the others!!

This is the top part (obviously)
I added a couple "hooks" down lower for Big T
This is the bottom, First we had only the disc, but that wasn't going to hold so I found an old brake drum and then we decided to put the disk on top. We Dad cut the hole bigger in the disk and dropped the post through, then bolted the disc on.  Then Dad welded the two horseshoes on the bottom.  

On the disc part, we put on my name.  Okay, I've never used a cutting torch before, so it was a little interesting, Dad did the first 2 letters. I did the last 5 five...the first one I did atleast looked good :-)







Now I just need to tidy it up some...and then probably paint it.  The pics make it look crooked, but it really isn't.

It Works!!
Cute pics of Big T....he knows how to get it to go!!

2 comments:

  1. i loooooveeeeee itttt!!!! you can make us one anytime you'd like!!!!
    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! that is so cute!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete