Thursday, April 14, 2011

Branding

Last Saturday we branded calves.  I strapped Big T on my back and we got in the corral and took photos. Trying to stay out of the way at times proved tricky; I ran Big T into a broke off fence log, I almost landed on Big T, but I caught my balance pretty quickly (stupid calf!!).  Through it all, Big T loved it!!  He would stand on the bottom bar and look over my head, and try to climb up my back to get and even better look.   I had a sore back after branding too!!  I did miss throwing down calves, ya know getting my tuff on!

So here are just some photos I managed to get.... (didn't want to bore you with more, I have a habit of posting lots of photos :-) )
Nathan (my sister's hubby) lovin' the smoke.....hehe

Dylan and my cuz Thomas showing whose boss
Nathan taken out the branded calf
My little sis and her friend
My Pops is taking the easy job and running the gate :-)
Dylan and my "udder" cousin Chris
aww Thomas...telling a great story
I think this was the calf I was moving out of the way for when I took Big T out
This time the calf was showing Dylan and Thomas who was boss...hahaha
My tough little sister :-)
How many people does it take to take down a calf?
That was the first bunch of calves branded, Big T went and took a nap so we missed the second batch, but Big T did get to visit some baby bum lambs.

the lamb sucking on his finger
The lamb giving Big T a kiss
Giving him a big hug!!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun. I wish I could have came and help you. Your boy is so cute. I hope your dad is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I can't imagine doing that. I'm definitely not cut out for a farm! oh- and I meant to tell you your coat rack is awesome! Very creative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at all of your branding pictures, I can smell that lovely branding smell... not one of my favorite, that's for sure!

    It was fun to catch up and see how you and Big T are doing. He is one cute kid!

    ReplyDelete