Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I caught some Air

In life I have moments,and maybe others do too, where I feel like I'm doing okay, I'm surviving.  I don't really feel like I'm drowning per say, but I'm not flying either.
The other day I was like a bird sort of soaring, and I hit a thermal pocket and was risen to newer heights!!
I caught some much needed "air"
I was carrying around some hurt and anger, I had thought I had moved on and let it go, but apparently I hadn't. I let it go!!  I've come to sort of accept some things about me. That are me!!  I am going to stop wasting my energy on pointless crap and people.
I'm on my way to stop comparing myself with others.  There are tons of others out there that will always be more in shape than me, or more social and friendly, or more...... whatever, that's just life, right?!

I also caught some real air yesterday..not a lot, but enough to make me proud!! I'm not really into the jumps, but I couldn't let my nephews show me up!!  I ended up enjoying it more than I thought!!!

3 comments:

  1. That's a sweet pic. By the way, when are you coming back?! Oh, and I didn't get to comment on Big T's suit...LOVE IT! So adorable! He needs a bow tie to go with it ;) My sisters and I always had to wear matching dresses...what's the deal?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are taking time for yourself and realizing you are a really great person! No one compares to you, shoot girl, you're awesome! :) Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

    In this society it is hard to not compare yourself to "better" assets of others, but you have to hold true to yourself...that's what matters and will make you feel the best. It's hard, but very worth it. I struggle with self-esteem everyday, but in the end I go to bed and wake up as me and can't change that, not would I really want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all of us tend to compare ourselves to others and it take true bravery and love to realize that who is are is exactly who we are meant to be! You are such an amazing example to me Cami! I'm always so grateful for your insights and honesty because it makes me try harder to be better to myself. Love you so much friend!

    ReplyDelete