Saturday, July 31, 2010

Floating the Madison

I've been wanting to go floating for awhile, and I finally got to.  We only had to get out because of the lightning once and we finished at 9pm, oh and there was no sun pretty much the entire time!!!

I didn't realize that the float trip was going to take 4ish hours, honestly I thought 2 at the most! Apparently I have no concept of time and distant while on a tube.  Plus coach said it was going to storm but not until 8 or later, the storm came about 6!!  Even if it didn't come so early we would have been on the river in it, but I would have atleast gotten more sun and enjoyed the trip more. Also I thought we would be done by 8.  I was shivering the majority of the trip and my hands had a funny tingling feeling.  The nice thing was that the water was warm, especially compared to the air.

My little sister Lavessa and her husband went with us.  I feel bad for dragging them into my floating trip.  We where the only ones on the river after the lightning.  Thursday it was warm and sunny up until 9:30 and Today is pretty much going to be that way, but as Lavessa put it, "we are extreme floaters!" that's why we went on Friday,  oh and Coach and I had/have things to do on those days.

The best part of the whole float trip was the very beginning when Lavessa first tried to get on her tube, she got bucked off immediately and Coach got bucked off his, first try exactly the same time as Lavessa!!!   It pretty much made the trip.

1 comment:

  1. haha i loved that story!! Sounds like you did have a good time despite the cold!! I never realized it took 4 hours to float! I wanted to go floating when we were there but didnt have time:( It was nice to see you thanks for coming to the shower!

    ReplyDelete