Monday, July 12, 2010

Sacajawea Peak

We went for another hike, up Sacajawea Peak on Thursday. It is the highest peak of the Bridger Range. Coach has already been up there, but I never have so that is the one we decided to go on.  It actually was a tougher hike on the way up than I expected because the bowl was full of snow, but on the way down we just "skied" and it was pretty fun!  We did end up seeing a Mountain Goat at the very top of the peak.  It was stomping at us and was walking back and forth to give us the scare tactic.  It actually worked, I was worried he was going to charge us..( I don't know why?).  But Coach wanted to get to the top since we were so close so he took Big T off his back, a little ways from the top, and left him with me while he went and checked things out with the dogs.  Honestly the goat was just an adolescent and he ran off cuz he was way more scared of us, but we were being safe.. :-)!  I even got a recording of the goat and you can hear us being all careful...it is quite hilarious!!

Big T is sure becoming quite the little hiker!


 Proof that he originally had a hat!



And now the Video!!!! (of the Mountain Goat)


No comments:

Post a Comment