Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ridin'

 If I heard the title Ridin' I would automatically think of horses because that is my true passion, but that is not the case, it is about dirt bikes.  I grew up on both and enjoy both, just the iron horse isn't as exciting to me.  If you ask Coach he would choose the iron horse.
On Saturday Coach and I went dirt biking with some friends.  Coach was finally able to go with us, he didn't go the last time we went and was bummed out about it.
Our plan was to ride up to Rat Lake from the none canyon side, but we must have took a wrong road because we didn't make it and the road we were on ended at the top of a ridge.  Hopefully next time.
The ride up took us awhile because of some bike problems,mostly with mine, and Coach had a good shoulder dive into the road.  He went to pass Hillary and she didn't realize he was right behind her and she swerved to miss a rock.  Coach slammed on his brakes and tried to turn the bike so he would miss her. He did and he wrecked!  I came up on it and just saw his legs fly in the air, Hillary had no idea what happened and continued up the road.  Coach's bike shifter was bent after that and he had some trouble shifting into his gears, also his handle bars were bent, but we somewhat got those straitened out. Plus the fact that it rained almost the whole time up made it slower.
My bike problem was that my air filter was completely dirty and the excess oil and gas was getting to it so my bike wasn't getting any air through which was causing a lack of power and then it would of course die.  We ended up taking the stupid thing out!
All in All it was an awesome ride that was a whole lot shorter on the way back.  Coach even said if he knew before hand he was going to wreck he still would have gone...he loves to ride!

Oh yeah, Coach's random crash into the mountain...hehe!

           Hillary
          Jaret

          All of us

1 comment: