Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Your Mind

Have you ever played those game where you are supposed to say the word and the word says red, but the color is orange.  I wonder what it would be like to have grown up or been taught that an "orange" is a "green" or that a banana is red and not yellow.  It is so crazy to me. Our whole life is full of colors and we associate moods with them, how different would our life be if the names of the colors were different? It probably wouldn't be any different if we were always raised in that alternate color world, but to be thrown in to it would probably make us go insane.  At least me.  I never realized how important and how much meaning colors have in our life!
Coach also told me that he can't eat something if it is the "wrong" color.  When I was a little girl on Saint Patrick's day my dad would put green food dye in our milk, or on Valentine's Day our pancakes would be in the shape of a heart and pink.  I'll have to admit the milk was hard to drink because it wasn't white.  I haven't done it for Coach yet to see if he will drink green milk, but I'm guessing he would put up a little fight in his mind. ( Also my dad would put strings in our cereal on April Fool's Day. My oldest sister "Jean" ate her whole bowl and no strings were left in the bowl.)  I just LOVE my Dad!
       Have you ever thought about color in such a way?

2 comments:

  1. Great insight, Caleb and I have talked about that before and how you could mess you kid up by teaching them the wrong colors. It is pretty amazing how things are the way the are. I love the pictures that point that out. I agree on the eating food that is the wrong color, it is always strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very trippy!!!! I had never really thought of it but yeah! I did wonder sometimes because my grandpa was color blind and saw a lot of things in sort of a "brown" color, but was his "brown" really like my green?....Or even you and I? Is your red my yellow? Visa versa, it makes my brain want to explode!!! lol

    ReplyDelete